Saturday, January 07, 2012

365 #2: Block 4 of Bohemian Rhapsody

I'm working on a quilt called Bohemian Rhapsody, and it's a very relaxing process.  It's a Block-of-the-Month, so all the fabric for each square is provided with instructions in a little baggy with my name on it.  I didn't even get to pick out the colours, but the colours is why I love this sampler. (I'm not a real big sampler fan)  Now that my top-priority secret santa quilt is done, I can get back to this.
This is Block #4, completed today:
Now I know what you're saying.  This block isn't QUITE finished, because when I was picking out the fabric for the leaves of the secret santa quilt, I thought I might use these fabrics, and I picked up the two little squares to take with me to the quilt shop, and now I have no idea where they are.  They've run away. And because it's a BotM, I don't have any extra fabric...yet.  I'm confident I'll find enough bits soon enough as I cut the pending squares.  So, this is as done as it's going to get for now.  And that's just fine with me.

I also really enjoyed sewing this afternoon, as it was about +5 degrees with the sun shining, the baby asleep, my window open a crack, some time to myself and my neighbour was building something in his yard and had some great rock station on his radio.  Since it's January, and should be -10, with neighbours in hibernation, it was overall, a pretty tolerable way to spend an afternoon hour or two.