Sunday, October 16, 2011

Process Pledge

I, ReverseStitch, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear.   I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.

I've been browsing blogs by quilters and found r0ssi challenging folks to take The Process Pledge.

Today I've just finished the first quilt I ever started...except for that table runner I started before I realized the precision necessary to make block on point... It's a three year project that for a week has only needed 12 more inches of binding stitched, and this afternoon, voila!  Complete! Wow.

And now, I'm working on a new one.  And I will blog the process.  This is one of the most interesting parts of quilting for me.  I am an artist, and I love the amazing work out there that uses the quilting technique as a medium.  I'll blab on about this some other day.

My new quilt is going to be lap size and I have only a couple of months to work on it, so I needed to make something simple but had some of my own design to it.

I made a quilt like this last year, and I remember looking for the beginning pattern, and when I saw it in a magazine, it was POW!  That's the one.  The resulting quilt looks little like it, but I was so very happy with the process.  Which I will blab on about later when I have a picture of it.  My little sister has it now, and I finished it the day she received it, so I didn't have time to take a picture.  Heh!

So I have found a pattern and a picture of another quilt that were the POW!

But now it's 12:30 and I should sleep.  So stay tuned for more process.